Picture


Information

jay. the boy behind the blog. most recent zygote of estelita and florencio. has been around the sun 26 times. likes hip hop, funk & jazz, lonely planet guidebooks, orwell novels, spike lee films, steamed jasmine rice, backpacking, mom's porkchops, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, independent film and music, sunshine and lime jello. has an affinity for jet-black haired asian girls with brown almond eyes and gleaming smiles, german dogs and old skool sneakers. rocks hard and fresh - day and night 'till kingdom come.
PLACEBO IS...all things concerning my 5 'o' clock shadows and daily jaunting. you need this in your life.


Elsewhere...

@youtube.com
@facebook.com
@myspace.com
@friendster.com

Credits

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Creative Commons License

Join My Community at MyBloglog!




Friends

ABSOLUTELY ABS
AYE OH AYE
AMADEO
BERRTO
FRIES'n'GRAVY
GULAMAN LIFE
ITELLAVISION
JUST-THANATOS
ONIGIRIMAN
POSTSECRET
PROSAIC SHADES OF GRAY
RICE BOWL JOURNALS


Archives


Wednesday, September 27, 2006
i was politicking with my coworker. she's chinese and all of a sudden, she got all riled up because i called her "chinese".

"i'm not chinese, i'm from hong kong"

how many times have i heard that shit?! man, that's silly. i mean i understand that lifestyle from china can be in stark contrast to life in hong kong but to say you're not chinese, you're "from hong kong" and get all offended and make a weird face at me like i don't understand how 2+2 equals 4. c'mon now.

i don't give a fuck if you're from taiwan, hong kong or wherever...y'all are chinese. i didn't spend a year studying southeast culture last year for 9 credits and another 9 credit course based on east asian culture to not give a shit. y'all are chinese and that's a good thing.

so stop.

Labels:



jay d [ 11:19 AM ]

7 Comments:

  • ha.
    i love that one.

    hong kongese?
    don't think so. people like to distance themselves from the less developed areas of China and make themselves all about the glamour and glitz of HK.
    (but then again, you know that and more other shit that I'm too lazy to add here, after all it is just a comment.)
    Geez.
    People be proud.
    (rep your hometowns, be proud of your heritage. don't front)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 PM  

  • im chinese from the philippines? : P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • that's ok..as long as you understand you're part of a diaspora and actually address your 'chineseism', it's all good. i still love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • I've recently come to terms with my own heritage, actually. I'm just starting to accept that I am of early-nineties African-American descent. HAHA Just kidding

    Anyway...that is so true. But I guess it goes with the past history as well...the whole Communist thing for the most part I think (not speaking for the majority of those who have issues with being called "Chinese"). I guess some don't want to admit where they have come from and would rather use geo political borders to dictate their own beliefs of who they really are.

    BTW, totally different subject. Have you heard about that Graf artist who recreated the Sistine Chapel? When I find out more...I'll send you a link.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • sorta like how you have that chinese fetish eh?
    big feet...small chinese hands..i know your mentality. don't front, r.j. ha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM  

  • HAHAHA....again with that. hahaha...remember I told you I told Aaron about that before he left? He couldn't do anything but laugh. haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

  • i know that's not how you think. mind you..that's how a lot of dudes think. it's true man.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home